Find out what products are best for your hair, how you can prevent dryness and what lifestyle changes you can make to get healthy looking hair.
Of course, what you put on your hair affects its health too. Harsh hair products will inevitably take their toll.
We recommend you do the following to help keep your hair and scalp healthy looking, clean and dandruff-free:
- Brush your hair regularly – this encourages healthy, natural, shedding of skin cells.
- Exfoliate shaven heads – rubbing or exfoliating shaved heads will also encourage the same process leading to a healthier looking scalp.
- Wash your hair regularly – greasy hair encourages the appearance of dandruff so regular hair washing is doubly important if you suffer from this type of hair.
- Massage while washing - to maximise the activity of the anti-dandruff ingredients in your shampoo, ensure you massage the shampoo on to the scalp during washing and ideally leave it for a couple of minutes before thoroughly rinsing.
- Healthy eating - a healthy balanced diet can reduce the potential of the development of dandruff.
Take a look at our top ten tips for healthy-looking hair and the five best and worst things you can do for your hair to find out more.
Look out for products that are pH balanced and dermatologically tested. The pH balance of your hair and skin is about 5 which means it’s slightly acidic. pH-balanced means the product has been created so as not to upset the natural acidity of your hair.
Our Vosene Frequent, 2 in 1, Citrus Refresh Anti Dandruff Shampoos and our Vosene Scalp Therapy are all dermatologically tested and pH balanced.
Remember that it’s not just external elements that dry out your hair; it can be lacking sufficient moisture in the first place.
Winter is a particularly bad time for dry hair as less humidity in the air means your scalp and hair will have less moisture in them. Also, frequently going from cold temperatures to hot temperatures can dry out hair. Try and let you hair dry naturally in winter instead of using hair dryers. Failing that, deep conditioners or hot oil treatments can help.
Here are some tips:
- Stay hydrated throughout the day
- Try to minimise exposure to extreme temperatures
- Don’t use hair dryers or straighteners too often
At Vosene we use a number of ingredients to help with specific hair niggles like thinning hair and dandruff. We use Zinc Pyrithione, Arginine and Salicylic acid in a number of our products. To find out how these ingredients are caring for your hair take a look at this page.